La mia vita in 5 oggetti

In my life, so far, the objects that have had most importance for me have mainly been in my childhood, and after continued (or not) on it till now. This objects below have been very important when I was young, and have had an important role in defining who I am now, and in granting that I  had a happy and fulfilled childhood.


#1 Tamagotchi
Odivelas, Portugal, 2004/05

The Tamagotchi was a very important part of my life when I was a child. More than most children, I really loved this toy, and even continued to play it even when people had already stop. When I first had it, the ideia of having something similar to an eletronic son was amazing. I even made a little bed where I would leave it while I slept, and I had all the cares in the world for it. It was a very important toy that made me somewhat more responsible and brought me a lot of joy.


#2 Jumping Rope 
Lisboa, Portugal, 2005

The jumping rope was one of my favourite objects to play with on the playground. I would practice everyday, and playing it with my friends would always be the highlight of the day. We had different games and songs involving jumping the rope, and we could even do it in pairs! It saddens me that nowadays kids don't play with it as often as I did, or as enthusiastic as me and my friends would. But looking back I can say that it was a vert important part of my life, and today everytime I found one laying around or stored somewhere, I get very happy and love to grab it and jump on it like I used to do as a kid.

#3 Bicycle
Odivelas, Portugal, 2002/03

My fondest memory as a kid was riding my bike. My parents kindly had the patience to teach me how to ride it on an early age and so the bicycle has been an important object for me. Me and my brother are one year apart and learned it more a less at the same time. I remember riding with him and my dad, and we would compete, invent new fun games, and discover new places close to our neighbourhood. As we grew we continued, now sometimes without my dad, but always with the same fun and happiness. Because of this, the bicycle is one of my favourite objects and still
today is an important part of my life.



#4 House keys
Odivelas, Portugal, 2010 

I didn't always have my house keys, but I still remember the first time I did. Till I was 11 years old I went to a private school where my parents would pick me up and so there was no need of having my keys. When I went to 7th grade, changed to a public school, near my house, and my parents got new keys for me. This was an amazing change because it allowed me to come home earlier and I could walk to school alone and be more independent. Since then I have always had my keys with me, and now that I'm doing Erasmus and I don't have them I feel strange. Though I know my parents and brother are there to open the door for me whenever I come, I feel truly away and disconected, because I don't really have them with me and therefore it's like I don't have what I need to go back home. If I lose my keys and no one is home I would be stranded. And sometimes here I feel like that.


#5 Passport
Lisboa, Portugal, 2018


I acquired a passport for the first time this year. I had to do it in order to be able to fly to New York on vacation with my parents. This passport, though is a limited object due to its expiration after 5 years, will hopefully be a very important part of my life because I love to travel and discover new places and, now, I can also do it freely trough out of the Europe too. I am very excited and very happy for having a passport, and I am looking forward to fill it with new stamps from so many different places around the world.

Comentários

Mensagens populares